Ok, so we've been talking about getting a new tank for our huge comet and soon to be huge catfish. Last night I became the proud owner of a shiny new 55gal aquarium. The only problem being that we had to move the two tanks we already have to different locations, since where they were is the only spot in the house that can handle a four foot long tank and all the weight that comes with it. I was really hoping to maybe get a tank with a stand, but eh, this works too.

I moved the 10 gal to its own endtable and moved the 29 gal over to the desk. Draining both to a small amount of water, moving and then refilling took most the evenning. That didn't compare to the time it took to just fill the new tank. I added 5 gal of water and it didn't even show above the gravel. Around midnight I had it full, filter up and running and the heater doing its job nicely. The water from the outside hose ended up being around 64 degrees so I had to wait until this morning to add a new betta to start off the cycle.

Looking at the tank today, I'm noticing there is little to no flow in the tank, so I'm going to add a powerhead with air inlet on one end to see if I can get some movement and added oxygen in there. Looking at the tanks now, I think they all need a background. Probably some black cloth or something. The new tank is completely bare as well. I'd love to start dropping live plants in there, but the comet would just eat them. Maybe a nice stone scape would look cool. I'll have to talk to some landscaping buddies and see if they have any slate laying around.

I'm planning on taking some pictures tonight once it gets dark in here, and actually using my tripod this time, so hopefully the shots will look nice and sharp. I'll also get around to finally showing the 29gal with all the moonlights hooked up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Aquarium Addiction

I started this blog to keep a journal of my aquariums. It is quite the addiction once you start. I currently have two tanks, a 10gal and a 29gal, however I can't help but want another one, or two or three. Everywhere I look I'm wondering if I could put an aquarium there.

This blog serves a great purpose. When I do changes to the tanks, I log it here and have a date to look back on when I can't remember when the heck I did something. I highly suggest starting one if you don't blog about your tanks already.

Mike