Ok, so I had some trouble with the silicone that you use for sealing glass tanks, when I was trying to use it to seal up the air line tubing on the pop bottle caps. Go figure, eh? Yeah, so on the way home from work I picked up a hot-glue gun, and that did the trick nicely. Plus you don't have to wait for anything to set up, just let it cool down and there ya go.

So its bubbling nicely now. I don't have a good diffuser for it yet, I'm waiting since I can just get a nice little submersible pump next time I order shop stuff from one of my suppliers. I figure it still can't hurt to have it just running through an airstone. I put the lid back on the tank, so there should be a healthy amount of CO2 buildup across the top of the water in the tank at least.

Also in the planted tank I noticed that things are growing nicely. There's even a nice little new branch coming off one of the anacharis, and everything has this really healthy dark green to it. That stupid goldfish though keeps nibbling on things and pulling up some of the micro sword, so he might just have to fend for himself in the big tank if he doesn't knock it off.

Speaking of the big tank, the water is really getting clear. I didn't check the ammonia last night, so I'll have to do it tonight. I really really hope there is some sign of the ammonia going down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Aquarium Addiction

I started this blog to keep a journal of my aquariums. It is quite the addiction once you start. I currently have two tanks, a 10gal and a 29gal, however I can't help but want another one, or two or three. Everywhere I look I'm wondering if I could put an aquarium there.

This blog serves a great purpose. When I do changes to the tanks, I log it here and have a date to look back on when I can't remember when the heck I did something. I highly suggest starting one if you don't blog about your tanks already.

Mike