Ok, the UV sterilizer is really working well on the 29g tank. The water is almost completely free of green when I do a water change. I use a white 5gal bucket so its easier to see if there's any color change to the drained off water. The water is really starting to clear up as well. At least now you can see the back of the tank. I'm guessing the remaining cloudiness is the result of the tank cycling. I didn't check tonight if the ammonia levels are decreasing yet, I'm just tired of it not showing any drop.

On the planted tank I added a DIY CO2 system. Just hooked it up, so I keep watching to see if there's any bubbles yet. I know, I know, watched pot, boiling, all that. So while I'm waiting, I'll fill you in on the plants. Still don't have an exact name on the bunched plants, but the micro sword is the brazillian type. All the plants are really liking the increase in light as well as the better soil than they had in the LPS. They have greened up considerably and are showing signs of being much stronger.

The CO2 is foaming nicely and bubbling into a secondary clean bottle / bubble counter. Its still pressurizing the line and pushing the excess water out, but it looks like my seals are holding and that it should work. I hope. Anyway, I'll get a pic up when its up and bubbling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Aquarium Addiction

I started this blog to keep a journal of my aquariums. It is quite the addiction once you start. I currently have two tanks, a 10gal and a 29gal, however I can't help but want another one, or two or three. Everywhere I look I'm wondering if I could put an aquarium there.

This blog serves a great purpose. When I do changes to the tanks, I log it here and have a date to look back on when I can't remember when the heck I did something. I highly suggest starting one if you don't blog about your tanks already.

Mike